PBAFER, Development of food ingredients through circular biotechnological strategies to improve the nutritional and sensory properties of alternative plant-based food products
- To obtain food ingredients to improve the nutritional and sensory properties of plant-based products, in order to make a different vs current market products.
- The types of ingredients under study are:
- Ingredients sensory level improvement (optimization of flavor, aroma and texture): aromatic compounds and exopolysaccharides
- Ingredients for nutritional improvement: enrichment with cobalamins or vitamin B12 and healthy omega 3 fats.
- Preparation of a matrix of agri-food by-products, as raw material for food ingredients.
- To obtain fermentable bases at pilot scale, from the selected by-products.
- Fermentation trials in a 100L bioreactor for the production of ingredients.
- Product recovery tests
- Techno-economic assessment of the process
- Environmental assessment of the process