The Biorefinery and Bioenergy Centre (BIO2C) of CENER, the National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain is a semi-industrial pilot scale test facility able to develop production processes for bioproducts, solid biofuels, advanced liquid or gaseous biofuels, as well as biorefinery concepts integrating different valorization routes, as an intermediate step between laboratory and the industrial scale-up of these technologies.
The centre constitutes an integrated trial and demonstration platform designed to develop processes, equipment and specific, components, new bio-products or biofuels and bio-refinery concepts.
Very flexible in relation to the feedstock and the target bioproducts:
The BIO2C offers the following kind of services:
- Biomass characterization
- Lab testing and analysis
- Product and process development
- Process upscaling and validation at pilot and demo scales
- Product batches production and validation
- Tailor-made research contracts
- Techno-economic feasibility studies
- Sustainability and lifecycle analysis