Upscaling of hydrolys process using retail organic waste (row) as feedstock
Production at pilot scale of 100 kg of sugar enrichened hydrolysate using ROW as feedstock for the production of Lactic acid to be upgraded into biodegradable plastic, PLA (Polylactic acid).
- Feedstock acquisition
- ROW conditioning
- Enzymatic hydrolysis
- Hydrolysate filtration
- Delivery to customer
- Pretreatment and conditioning of ROW sample
- ROW compositional characterization
- Protocol adaptation and enzymes evaluation.
- ROW hydrolysate production
- Separation and cleaning of the liquid fraction
- Monitoring during the test to evaluate the hydrolysis evolution and the hydrolysate quality.