Upscaling of a fermentation process for phb production
Demonstration of a process for the production of PHB (polyhydroxybutyrate) from industrial food waste (cereal residue), including:
- Feedstock conditioning
- Enzymatic hydrolysis
- Hydrolysate recovering
- Biomass separation
- Pellet recovery and delivery to customer
- Project coordination: Whole process adaptation including equipment selection from vendors (decanter, centrifuge).
- Monitoring of the process and data recording of relevant parameters.
- Plant operation
- 1st stage upscaling to PILOT plant – 100 -200 L
- 2nd stage upscaling to DEMO plant: 1.000-3.000 L