To overcome the technical and economic constraints to the use of biobutanol as an advanced biofuel.
To develop highly efficient production processes and convert sustainable feedstocks for the next generation of biobutanol.
Project Technical Coordinator.
Optimization of biomass pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis processes at lab scale.
Whole process integrated in BIO2C plant at pilot scale:
- 2-step pretreatment (milling and thermochemical)
- Enzymatic hydrolysis employing improved enzymatic coctails
- Continuous fermentation with:
- improved tolerant butanol strain
- pervaporation unit for continous removal of ABE.
Pre-treatment Unit. Continuous Horizontal Reactor
Fully monitorized 100L bioreactor