Valorisation of liquid and solid fractions of 2nd generation biofuel production processes
Valorize different fractions produced in 2G biofuel production plants that nowadays, do not have a clear industrial use, especially lignin rich fractions, among others.
As for the phenol-derived products, high value-added aromatic compounds of wide use in fine chemistry, pharmaceuticals and food are foreseen.
- Characterization & selection of residual biomass from forestry
- Termochemical pre-treatment and enzimatic hydrolysis trials:
- Laboratory screening tests
- Pilot plant runs (200l reactor)
- Lignin stream valorization:
- Depolymerization routes à hydroxylated polyethers & phenolic aromatic products.
- First trials ongoing