Valorisation of liquid and solid fractions of 2nd generation biofuel production processes
Valorize different fractions produced in 2G biofuel production plants that nowadays, do not have a clear industrial use, especially lignin rich fractions, among others.
As for the phenol-derived products, high value-added aromatic compounds of wide use in fine chemistry, pharmaceuticals and food are foreseen.
- Characterization & selection of woody biomass suitable for biorefinery plants.
- Optimization the most suitable thermochemical and biochemical processes conditions for high sugar yields performance
- Laboratory screening tests
- Pilot plant runs (200l reactor)
- Upgrading recalcitrant solid remaining after sugar solubilisation through lignin depolimerization for lignin- derived high added value products:
- Depolymerization routes: hydroxylated polyethers & phenolic aromatic products.
- Screening, optimization and upscaling at pilot plant (1-2 l/h) in order to demonstrate its technical and economic feasibility.