e-biomethanol, Production from CO2 using Microbial Electrosynthesis technologies (MES)
- Demonstrate the feasibility of e-biomethanol (e-bioMeOH) production using Microbial Electrosynthesis (MES) technology from CO2 and electricity from renewable sources in a Power to X (P2X) concept.
- Selection and characterization of biological catalysts to transform CO2 into methanol through bioelectrochemical processes.
- Design, assembly and start-up of an innovative bioelectro-reactor with two additional improvements:
- Incorporation of electrodes to hybridize biological (fermentative) with electrochemical processes.
- Introduction of membrane-based methanol separation systems.
- Development and validation at TRL 4 of a competitive process in terms of process economy, technical feasibility and environmental impact (negative CO2 emission rate).
- Project coordinator
- Responsible for the development of MES technology including:
- Definition and development of bioelectrochemical processes,
- Design, construction and validation of bioelectro-reactors
- Techno-economic feasibility analysis of the process.